We all love snacks, and they’re particularly important in the domain of the Uni student who doesn’t have time to sit down and slave away at a hot stove for hours in between classes.
We’ve collated 5 easy recipes for some delicious treats, and please feel free to share any of your own recipes with us and we’ll publish them.
By the way, if you’ve made too much, bring your delicious creation to one of our Res Life events and one of the Student Experience Assistants will be more than happy to help you polish off your latest taste sensation.
1. 3 INGREDIENT NUTELLA BROWNIES
30 minutes from start to finish, and featuring our favourite chocolate hazelnut spread in delicious and decadent brownie form? That’s what we’re talking about, Kirbie Cravings thanks a lot!
- 1 1/4 cup Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 23 cm x 23cm metal baking pan. Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until batter is smooth. Pour into baking pan and smooth top with spatula.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be careful not to bake too long otherwise brownies will dry out. Let brownies cool and set before cutting and serving.
Done and done, now go eat them son!
2. SPICY SIRACHA POPCORN
Looking for more ways to enjoy your favourite hot sauce and need snacks immediately? Put a little spice into your movie watching experience with this Siracha Popcorn recipe, courtesy of wayfair.com.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1-2 teaspoons salt, to taste
Coat the bottom of a large pot with canola oil, pour in the popcorn kernels, and cover. Place over medium high-heat. When you hear the first kernels pop, begin to shake until all the corn is popped. When you no longer hear popping, remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
While waiting for the popcorn to pop, melt the butter and stir in the Siracha. Drizzle over the popcorn and toss, seasoning with salt. Enjoy while toasty!
3. ONE MINUTE COOKIE DOUGH
60 seconds? Yeah, you’ve got 60 seconds to make this delicious dish courtesy of Dashing Dish.
- 200ml container Low fat Greek yogurt (0-2%)
- 2 tbs Peanut butter
- 1-2 tbs Honey or Sweetener of choice to taste
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract (optional)
- 1-2 tsp Chocolate chips (optional
In a small-medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Top with chocolate chips if desired. Enjoy!
NOW THAT WAS EASY!
4. 2 STEP GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
We found this mouth watering, delicious offering submitted by Emily McKenna on real simple. This is a fast snack that every student should know about, and is so simple, it’s brilliant.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 slices Cheddar
- 1/8 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small avocado, thinly sliced
Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Form a sandwich with the bread, cheese, onion, and avocado.
Cook the sandwich, covered, until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Done. We’re about to make one of these tasty morsels right now!
5. SIMPLE PIZZA
Ok, this may be slightly advanced if you have absolutely no experience cooking, but pizzas are one of the easiest tasty snacks you can make. The all time student favourite, this is perfect for study sessions or if you’re having pizza nights with your mates in the cluster rooms, you can all work together and have a pizza cook off. As we said, pizza is one of the easiest things you can make, especially if you buy a pre made base.
- Pizza base
- Pizza sauce/tomato paste
- Mozzarella cheese
- Whatever toppings you wish (sometimes less is more, but of course, more is more too)
- Set the oven to 220C
- Spoon a few tablespoons of pizza sauce and spread it over the base
- Grab a handful of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle it all over
- Add your toppings (3-4 is probably ideal)
- Place the pizza on a baking tray and cook for 15minutes
EXTRA TIP: If you want extra crispy edges, put olive oil on them before placing the pizza in the oven.
Check out this awesome recipe spinner with hundreds of different pizzas.
If you want to get a bit more adventurous and start making your own dough and mix things up a little bit, here’s some tips from one of the world’s best pizza makers.
Delicious! Happy snacking, and don’t forget to share your delicious creations with us!
Follow us on social media: